It’s Here! YJA’s latest competition…
Following the success of the last YJA competition we want our YJA newsrooms to create a unique and exciting YJA Radio jingle. We are looking for a jingle that is inventive, exciting and appeals to our target audience of 6yrs to 16yrs of age.
Typically a radio jingle (like a television advertisement) lasts between 30secs and 60secs. You could use this time to compose your own jingle soundtrack and really bring to life YJA Radio and your radio programmes with some slogans thrown in for good measure.
So what’s the prize? The newsroom that submits the winning jingle will receive a choice of two prizes:
1) A newsroom team party in your school with all food, drink and party hats of course!
2) A newsroom team trip to your local cinema, theatre or similar*
Newsrooms can submit up to three jingles only.
For a brief guide of what a jingle actually is click here.
So, competition time:
1) Upload your jingles to http://www.filefactory.com/filebox/yja using the password: youngYJAjournalists
2) Remember to title your jingle with the name of your newsroom
3) Maximum of three jingles per newsroom
4) Jingles must be exactly 30secs or exactly 60secs
We’ll be uploading a selection of the jingles throughout May and June and then we’ll get some independent judges to select the winning entry.
Get uploading those jingles.
YJA Managing Editor
Rules & regulations:
1) You can upload only three jingles
2) Only one team prize available
3) The judges decision is final
4) Closing date for entries is the 7th June 2013
5) Only schools participating in The Young Journalist Academy programme can enter the competition (click here for details)
6) For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
*subject to costs