Top 10 Makeup Tips
Girls struggle a lot with learning how to use makeup or even how to apply it. Luckily there are some great tutorials on YouTube to help with this from the likes of Sophia Grace and Christen Dominique. We have collected 10 of the best tips and hacks for you to consider.
- Don’t throw away the makeup tubes just because it seems like they are empty. Cut them open, and scoop the makeup out into plastic pots. This is a great way to save money on makeup.
- To get that winged effect everyone loves so much at the moment, you only need one item: a spoon. Simple but effective. Start your eyeliner as you would for a cat eye look, press the rounded side of the spoon against your eyelid, and move the spoon outwards to create the winged effect
- A great way to make your lipstick last longer is to put on a coat of lipstick, then lay a tissue across your lips. Dust translucent powder on to make the colour set so it stays on longer.
- It can be difficult to figure out where to put blush or bronzer for contouring. The easy way to do this is to use your eyeliner pencil, or even a makeup brush handle. Place the straight edge directly below your cheekbone to get the right angle.
- Forget about dotting your concealer. Instead, apply it in a triangle shape with the base at the bottom of your cheek. This will hide redness beneath the eyes, and brighten up your whole face.
- To curl your lashes faster how about this top tip. Use a hairdryer to heat your eyelash curler. Let it cool a bit, then use as you normally would. The heat will set the curl so it lasts longer.
- Perfect your Cupid’s Bow by drawing an “X” on your upper lip to use as a guideline. Then apply your lipstick like you normally would.
- Remove your nail polish using glue by painting a layer of glue onto your nails before painting them. Once you want to take your nails off, you can simply peel the base layer off. Amazing.
- Instead of spraying all of your body with your expensive perfume, just simply place them perfume on your pulse points.
- The final top tip is to jump on Youtube and have a look around, there are some really easy to follow tutorials that will help you get the look you want.
Whether you are after that look for Christmas or just interested in learning more about makeup then spend a few minutes on YouTube as there are some great step-by-step videos on there to help you through this minefield. If you have any of your own tips for readers then post them below!
Poppy & Chloe, Yr7
Boston High Newsroom